Making Prime Movies In Malta
Filming in Malta began in the 1970s. One of the earliest movies filmed in Malta is “Orca: Killer Whale.” The 1977 film starred Richard Harris as Captain Nolan and Charlotte Rampling as Rachel Bedford. The film brought attention to the plight of the killer whale and launched movie viewers to the gorgeous Mediterranean Sea and components of Malta.
In 1980, Sweethaven Village was created on Malta. The Robin Williams film was filmed in Malta, and the Sweethaven Village nonetheless stands as we speak. Although it isn’t getting used to film movies, it still serves the island well as a tourist attraction. The village is open to vacationers seven days per week and gives a variety of family activities.
A Previous Engagement
The most recent film to be filmed totally on the island of Malta was “A Earlier Engagement” starring Juliet Stevenson and Daniel Stern. The Canadian-Maltese co-production was released in the U.S. in Could 2008. Along with the movie’s opening, a contest has been organized. One winner will obtain an all-bills-paid vacation to Malta and keep within the Xara Palace in Mdina the place the movie was filmed.
Different motion pictures that have been filmed in Malta embody:
* “Midnight Categorical.” Some scenes have been filmed at Fort St. Elmo in 1978.
* “Raise the Titanic” in 1980.
* “Cutthroat Island.” The favored Geena Davis and Matthew Modine film was shot primarily near Vittoriosa. Some scenes have been filmed in Mdina, Fort St. Elmo and the Dingli Cliffs. Water tanks were supplied by the Mediterranean Movie Studios.
* “White Squall.” The violent storm experienced on this movie was filmed on the Mediterranean Movie Studios in 1996.
* “U-571.” The star-studded forged included Matthew McConnaughey, Jon Bon Jovi, Harvey Kitel and Invoice Paxton. The tanks used in the film are the property of the Mediterranean Film Studios. One night-time scene was filmed in the town of Valletta on the Grand Harbor in 2000.
* “The Rely of Monte Cristo.” In 2002, Valletta and Vittoriosa have been quickly transformed into Marseille for the filming of this movie. The lovemaking scene was filmed on the rocks close to Fort St. Elmo. St Mary’s Tower on Comino served as the Chateau d’If.
* “Pinocchio.” The 2002 production of Pinocchio included scenes filmed within the Mediterranean Film Studios.
* “Swept Away.” The 2002 creation of Madonna and Guy Ritchie was filmed on each Comino and Malta. Madonna’s snorkeling scene was stone island van mildert outlet filmed on the Blue Lagoon on Comino.
* “Helen of Troy.” The 2003 mini sequence was filmed at Fort Ricasoli and on Comino at the Blue Lagoon.
* “The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.” This 2003 hit starred Sean Connery and was filmed on Gozo at Xlendi. The submarine scenes had been filmed at the Mediterranean Film Studios.
* “Troy.” The 2004 blockbuster hit starring Brad Pitt and Orlando Bloom was filmed at Fort Ricasoli. Components have been filmed in Mellieha and on Comino Island. The movie’s producers used Malta’s natural beauty and ruins to enhance the authenticity of the film.
* “A Completely different Loyalty.” Starring Sharon Stone, this film was filmed in 2004 at Fort St. Elmo, which gives a visual representation of town of Beirut. Components of the film had been filmed on the Golden Sands Seashore.
* “Alexander.” In 2004, Valletta’s Grand Harbor doubled for the historical port city of Alexandria. The movie starred Angelina Jolie, Anthony Hopkins and Colin Farrell.
* “Gladiator.” The Russell Crowe film was shot at a replica built at Fort Ricasoli with a night time scene being filmed just exterior Vittoriosa at Couvre Port.
For further information about Malta, including airlines who’ve flight to Malta provides visit yourmalta.com
They also have a map of Malta plus acommodation with opinions for inns in Malta