Grounds Open, Tower Closed
The second Coffin Island Lighthouse, built in 1914 as a alternative for the original, was a white octagonal concrete tower, 16.5 meters tall, and confirmed a flashing white light. Because the shoreline at the purpose where the lighthouse stood regularly eroded away, the tower was in hazard of toppling into the sea. The Coffin Island Lighthouse Heritage Society was formed and mounted a profitable drive to build a stone armor wall in 199to protect the lighthouse, but after a few years, it was obvious that the erosion might be retarded but not stopped. A new fiberglass tower, was erected on Coffin Island, 330 feet from the shore, in October 2006, and the concrete tower was demolished. Coffin Island Lighthouse marks the entrance to Liverpool Bay by jap approaches, while the western approaches are marked by Western Head Lighthouse.
Positioned on the southeast point of Coffin Island, marking the japanese aspect of the entrance to Liverpool Stone Island Polo-Shirts Harbour.
Latitude: Forty four.033639, Longitude: -Sixty four.628278
For a bigger map of Coffin Island Lighthouse, click on the lighthouse in the above map.
Customer stone island beanie red Data
Coffin Island is finest seen by boat or from the air, however distant views can be found from Moose Harbour, north of Western Head Lighthouse. The lighthouse is owned by the Canadian Coast Guard. Grounds open, tower closed.