The English Corsair Galleon Golden Hind
Inca Gold is a novel written by Clive Cussler. First published in 1994, it is the twelfth e book in Cussler’s Dirk Pitt sequence.
In 1532 a fleet of ships sails in secret to an island in the middle of an inland sea. There they disguise a magnificent treasure extra vast than that any Pharaoh would ever possess. Then they disappear, leaving solely an awesome stone demon to guard their hoard. In 1578 the legendary Sir Francis Drake captures a Spanish galleon full of Inca gold and silver and the important thing to the lost treasure, which includes a gigantic chain of gold, a masterpiece of ancient technology so big that it requires 200 males to elevate it and a large pile of diamonds value greater than 200 billion dollars that belonged to the last Inca. As the galleon is sailed by Drake’s crew back to England, an underwater earthquake causes an enormous tidal wave that sweeps it into the jungle. Only one man survives to inform the tale… In 1998 a gaggle of archaeologists is practically drowned whereas diving into the depths of a sacrificial pool excessive in the Andes of Peru. They’re saved by the timely arrival of the famend scuba diving hero Dirk Pitt, who is in the world on a marine expedition. Pitt soon finds out that his life has been placed in jeopardy as nicely by smugglers intent on uncovering the misplaced historical Incan treasure. Quickly, he, his faithful companions, and Dr. Shannon Kelsey, a wonderful young archaeologist, are plunged right into a vicious, no-holds-barred struggle to outlive. From then on it becomes a battle of wits in a race against time and danger to seek out the golden chain, as Pitt finds himself caught up in a wrestle with a sinister international family syndicate that deal in stolen works of artwork, the smuggling of ancient artifacts, and artwork forgery worth many hundreds of thousands of dollars. The clash between the artwork thieves, the FBI and the Customs Service, a tribe of native Indians, and Pitt, alongside with his friends from NUMA, two of whom are captured and threatened with execution, rushes toward a wild climax in a subterranean world of darkness and death – for the true key to the thriller, as it seems, is a beforehand unknown, unexplored underground river that runs by way of the ancient treasure chamber. The fallen are told to come again and haunt those that took their treasure.
The plot revolves on the nice pre-Columbian civilizations within the Andes is used particularly often in discussions of the great indigenous civilizations of the Americas, reminiscent of those of Andes (Inca, Moche, Chibcha, Chachapoyas) and Mesoamerica (the Aztec and Maya).
Huayna Capac provides to his son and heir Huascar an important gold chain, the most valuable treasure on this planet.
– 1532: Francisco Pizarro kidnaps the Inca king Atahualpa and asks for a huge ransom.
– 1533: Huascar sends his riches to the North, beyond the lands of the Incas and the Aztec, to a small island in Central America, to guard it from the brother in regulation.
The record of the journey is a quipu (prototype form of written document by knot, held by a quipumayoc) held in a small jade box.
– 1547: Spanish Conquistadors discover the Naymlap’s tomb in town of Tiapollo. The armor of the mummy of Naymlap is an support to discover the hidden treasure.
– 1577: Francis Drake set sail for the Pacific with four ships. His might be the primary English ship to go by means of the Strait of Magellan via what will probably be known as the Drake Passage.
– 1578: The largest treasure Spanish galleon of the Pacific Armada Nuestra Senora de la Concepcion, commanded by Juan de Anton and armed with solely 2 cannons, set sails from Callao within the Incan lands to the colony in Panama, to go the istmo by mule and send the richness to Siviglia.
The English Corsair galleon Golden Hind, commanded by Francis Drake and armed with 18 cannons, approaches using a Spanish Flag and nike stone island koth take over the Spanish galleon. The gold is taken on the English vessel and the religious articles, together with the small jade field holding the quipu, is left on the Spanish one.
– The Nuestra Senora de la Concepcion, captured and commanded by Drake’s second Thomas Cuthill, is stormed by a Tsunami in the inland close to Panama.
– 1580: The Golden Hind returns to Plymouth with the gold, Drake is dubbed Sir by Elizabeth I
– 1594: A Portuguese expedition find in a village on the Amazon River Thomas Cuthill. He speaks of Drake and the Conception, however is left as a mad man.
– 1922: Tiapollo’s armor is stolen from the Regional Archaeological Museum of Siviglia.
– 1939: Nicholas Bender publishes a e-book on the historic path of the hunter for Eldorado.
– 1964: Two subs die exploring the Cenote.
– March, 1998 Steve ‘Doc’ Miller of the Pennsylvania College goes in Peru and is killed by Tupac Amaru. Cyrus Sarason of the Solpemachaco takes his place.
– October 10, 1998: Dr. Shannon Kelsey, an professional within the Chachapoyas tradition, and the operator Miles Rodgers, dive within the Cenote, and do not come back.
Trujillo army base asks for NUMA intervention. A helicopter with Dirk Pitt and Al Giordino takes off from the NUMA seismic vessel Deep Fathom. Tupac Amaru, with a band of Sendero Luminoso (Peruvian Maoist guerrilla group), kidnaps the scientists and the scholars, and take them within the Viracocha Valley, within the legendary loss of life metropolis Pueblo de los Muertos.
– Dirk Pitt frees the prisoners and steals an Mi-8, an old soviet helicopter, to return to the Deep Fathom. Rudi Gunn,comes to the Deep Fathom and joins the get together.
Dirk Pitt asks Hiram Yaeger to find evidence of a tsunami within the zone.
Pitt flies to Lima and receive an EG&G magnetometer from the NUMA ship. The Geometrics G-8136 is an airborne proton magnometer, just like the outdated G-801 Gunn is used to. Pitt hopes to have the ability to locate about 1 ton of iron within the wreck from a height of fifty-seventy five meters. Pitt, Giordino, and Gunn board a business flight to Quito, the capital of Ecuador. A petrol company in debt to NUMA lends them a McDonnell Douglas NOTAR MD900 Explorer helicopter, a two-turbine trendy helicopter with no tail rotor. They fly to the Bay of Caraquez and observe the Chone River inland, till they attain the rapids. Then they fly a grid composed by 2 km-lengthy strains parallel to the 1578 coastline, from 2 km inland to 7 km, spaced 75m. They find the galleon on the original grid on the seventh km, meaning the tsunami would have carried the 570-ton ship 7 km over the land. Pitt goes all the way down to retrieve the jade nike stone island koth field while Gordino and Gunn refuel at the Manta airport. Pitt finds an anchor, mom-of-pearl and turquoise artifacts, a three-meter pit viper, an oil lamp and eventually the jade box. Pitt hops a flight to Dulles airport, Washington, where Deputy Loren Smith picks him up in a 1953Allard J2X. Taken to NUMA, Yaeger makes use of his pc to research the knowledge within the quipu.
The Golden Physique Swimsuit of Tiapollo is taken to the Logan Storage Firm, a warehouse complicated close to Galveston, and taken to an underground complicated beneath the Zolar International.
http://www.bc-alter.internet/dfriesen/derrotero.html The Misplaced Treasure of the Inca
http://ns.gov.gu/galleon/ on the real Nuestra Senora de la Concepcion, which was sunken in 1638 with Chinese riches.
http://www.geometrics.com/ Producer of the magnometer used to localize the galleon
The Mediterranean Caper
Raise the Titanic!
Night time Probe!
Treasure of Khan
St. Julien Perlmutter
Dirk Pitt, Jr.